Thursday, June 11, 2009

Twitter is here...

... but I don't care what you're doing now.

"Creating cold fusion in a mayonnaise jar?" Nope.

"Casting a curse on my Ex while making a sandwich?" Not interested.

"Reading Homer in the original Greek?" Not even close.

But the potential of the technology is pretty impressive. Here's a couple of people who are making the tweeters sing:

- Nestle is inviting Moms to play along with the home vrsion of the game. They can post tweets within JuicyJuice ad units that can appear anywhere on the net.

- And this one is all about how and why Twitter works. Carri Bugbee is a PR practitioner in Portland, Oregon and she's founding a Twitter Advertising Agency. She believes that the medium works because it quickly connects people with similar interests. (AdAge video)

As Spock* says, "Fascinating!"

(*I saw the new movie. It's great.)

1 comment:

monella said...

It's amazing how Twitter has become so popular. I joined a couple of months back because some of my friends were begging me to get on, but I haven't even touched the thing. I'll have to do a little more exploring to see what all the rave is about on a personal level.
Apparently it's great for networking; but what other networking sites aren't. How many of these networks do we have to be connected to in order to stay connected. Boy, I'm so overwhelmed.